VSSP ‘18 is a GI-Dagstuhl seminar for young researchers that addresses the problem of visualizing performance-related data of systems and the software that they run. Due to the scale of performance-related data and the open-ended nature of analyzing it, visualization is often the only feasible way to comprehend, improve, and debug the performance behavior of systems. The rise of cloud and big data systems, and the rapidly growing scale of the performance-related data that they generate, have led to an increased need for visualization of such data. However, the research communities behind data visualization, performance engineering, and high-performance computing are largely disjunct. The goal of this seminar is to bring together young researchers from these research areas to identify cross-community collaboration and to set the path for long-lasting collaborations towards rich and effective visualizations of performance-related data.
The main goal of the VSSP ‘18 is to bring together young researchers (PhD students, postdocs, and assistant professors) in the areas of (i) performance engineers, (ii) software visualization, and (iii) high-performance computing. The seminar has the following objectives:
- The seminar shall provide a joint forum for participants coming from different, mostly disconnected research communities.
- The participants shall learn about the latest developments in their own as well as adjacent research areas.
- The seminar shall foster interaction among the participants and establish collaborations between the researchers towards joint research projects.
VSSP ‘18 will take place from July 9 until July 13 (Mon - Fri), 2018, in Dagstuhl, Germany. Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibniz Center for Informatics is a castle situated at the scenic countryside of Saarland. It is a world-renowned meeting place for computer scientists. We are honored to be hosted by Schloss Dagstuhl and supported to bring together young researchers from different disciplines. The seminar is sponsored by the GI and Schloss Dagstuhl - participants pay only 50 EUR per night for accomodation/full board. VSSP ‘18 is officially listed on the Dagstuhl website.
- Fabian Beck (Universität Duisburg–Essen - Essen, DE)
- Alexandre Bergel (University of Chile – Santiago de Chile, CL)
- Cor-Paul Bezemer (Queen’s University – Kingston, CA)
- Katherine E. Isaacs (University of Arizona – Tucson, US)
Call for applications
Our call for applications is now online!
The list of participants is currently being formed. Around 30 participants are expected
Program will be announced beginning of June 2018